Are you looking for an opportunity to make an impact in a values-based, fast-growing consulting organization? Do you want to have a voice in how we shape and drive our Talent organization? We are looking for a motivated, energetic and inventive HR Manager to join our growing Talent team. This role is aligned with key business units and plays a major role in the design and execution of a broad range of HR initiatives aligned to our company’s strategic objectives. The ideal candidate will enjoy cultivating and developing our consultants, administering and improving HR processes, and will bring a strong interest in both strategic thinking and driving results in order to become a trusted advisor to our people and our leadership.
Working very closely with business units and other operational teams, our Talent team is responsible for performance management, operations, engagement, talent advisory, leadership assessment, succession and workforce planning, and other strategic projects for our growing population of professionals.
What You Will Do:
- Serve as a strategic partner and trusted advisor to business leaders; consult with leaders to develop and execute their Talent Strategy, contribute and lead the execution of HR programs, processes, communications, and strategic initiatives.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with managers and practitioners, to be able to identify and respond to current and future people-related requirements.
- Lead the employee onboarding experience and work closely with other teams in the organization to provide the best possible introduction to Sila.
- Support and execute all human resources related action changes including new hires, promotions, transfers, terminations and cost center changes, ensuring a high degree of accuracy and according to established deadlines.
- Actively contribute to and collaborate with the broader operational team to ensure we foster our spirit of collaboration and create the best possible environment for our organization.
- Coordinate, administer and facilitate the performance management process at Sila.
- Manage employee relations (ER) issues in conjunction with Talent and Executive leadership and legal counsel.
- Stay current on leading Talent trends and deliver practical and insightful thought leadership, including the development and personal growth of our people, with the objective of enabling our people to excel.
- Interpret and advise on HR policies to assist in reaching viable solutions and managing associated risk.
- Assist in processing and analyzing data for reporting purposes such as headcount analysis, pipeline projections and other analysis as needed with interaction with Finance and the Business Units.
- Education: Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resources or the equivalent required. Post-graduate level degree and a professional Human Resources/business certification or equivalent experience desired.
- Years of Experience: 5+ years of HR experience, preferably in a consulting organization. Prior experience in delivering professional services preferred.
- Strong consultative skills (client service orientation, conflict resolution, analysis/synthesis of information, negotiation, etc.) with proven track record of leading change and complex program management.
- Proven track record of successfully developing and implementing strategic Talent initiatives.
- Solid practical knowledge of talent management disciplines, such as: performance management, succession planning, talent planning, competency development, compensation, employee relations, and talent analytics.
- Excellent strategic thinker, with demonstrated experience in strategy development; translating strategic goals/concepts into action plans and executing initiatives at an operational level with a willingness to be “hands-on” and involved.
- Exceptionally strong project manager who can balance the detail with strategic thinking; able to design and take initiatives from abstract to concrete. Able to manage competing, high-priority demands; prioritizing workload, managing projects and multiple responsibilities against strict deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal/collaboration skills. Capable of building effective working relationships with internal stakeholders across multiple business areas, functions, and geographies; serve as a consensus builder, negotiator, influencer of senior leadership, and motivator to ensure team members adhere to and support team vision and goals.
- High comfort level working in a fast-paced, results-oriented culture.
- Superior oral and written communication skills with an ability to adjust communication style based on the audience.
- Strong demonstration of analytical skills and ability to prepare executive-ready materials that inform and influence decisions of senior leaders.
- High degree of endurance, responsiveness, and flexibility to work through multiple iterations of projects and quickly adapt to constantly varying priorities and subject matter.
- High comfort level in ambiguous situations with an ability to learn quickly and exercise judgment in situations where data may be elusive.
- Mastery of Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
- Able to travel if required.
Sila will not sponsor any employee in this position for a work visa, now or in the future (i.e. H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant or immigrant status)
Sila is a technology and management consulting firm that delivers solutions to the world’s leading corporations and Federal government agencies. Our solutions expertise lies in the areas of cybersecurity, risk management, data analytics, software engineering and integration, strategy and transformation, and digital creative services. We are a values-driven company with a culture that fosters collaboration, creativity, and social responsibility. Sila employees are part of a community of vibrant, high-performing contributors who push each other to achieve the highest standard of excellence. Our team members have extensive opportunities to discover their passions and shape their own career paths, and we continually invest in employees’ growth through innovative training, mentorship, and professional development programs. Staff are quickly immersed in clients’ business challenges, work closely with emerging technologies to develop impactful solutions to these challenges, and are exposed to a variety of industries and market offerings.
We are looking for full-time employees to become an integral part of our growing team. Sila is headquartered in Washington, D.C. and has offices in Chicago, IL; Denver, CO; Seattle, WA; and Shelton, CT. Sila offers a range of great benefits including a comprehensive healthcare package, 401K with matching, paid time off, and paid company holidays, as well as other unique benefits that support our staff’s active work/life balance.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.