Join Sila as a Cloud Security Engineer whose expertise spans multiple clients and crosses a variety of industries to protect firms’ critical data. With a security solutions specialization in cloud-based digital platforms, you analyze existing cloud structures, recommend new and enhanced security methods, and establish cloud-based programs. At Sila, your impact as a Cloud Security Engineer extends beyond the complex challenges you help solve for Fortune 500 and Federal clients. You also contribute to the growth of the Cyber Security practice and to the overall shape of Sila. Opportunities exist to influence direction and to build a cloud-based security team, as you work alongside exceptional talent in an environment that fosters creativity, initiative and shared success.
The ideal candidate maintains strong technical skills, which include experience with Linux and Windows operating systems, scripting languages like Python, and cloud provider ecosystems such as Amazon AWS and Microsoft Azure. You communicate with outstanding skill, both when speaking and when writing; and enjoy interacting frequently with clients, who appreciate your excellent attention to detail. As a member of a growing Sila practice, you demonstrate initiative and proficiency to serve as a project leader when needed. Your ingenuity and strong problem-solving skills facilitate swift and creative recommendations for solutions to identified network threats or flaws.
- Recommend and establish cloud-based programs
- Perform threat analysis simulations to detect possible risks
- Provide security recommendations on topics like micro-services design or application development
- Instruct teams on proper coding standards
- Investigate, create, and recommend innovative technologies or other methods that will enhance the security of cloud-based environments
- Systems administration experience in Linux or Windows
- Experience with both AWS and Azure
- Cloud hosting experience (AWS and Azure)
- Experience with microservices architecture and containerization (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift)
- Knowledge of Cloud Computing concepts – virtualization, networking, storage, etc.
- Experience performing cloud security program assessments
- Experience with configuration management tools (e.g., Puppet, Chef, Ansible, CloudFormation, etc.)
- Understanding of secure-cloud configuration, (CloudTrail, AWS Config, etc.), cloud-security technologies (VPC, Security Groups, etc.) and cloud-permission systems (IAM)
- Detailed knowledge of networking protocols: DNS, HTTP, SSL, SMTP, TCP
- Experience with threat modeling, especially for web applications and web APIs
- Web security and compliance experience (e.g., Firewalls, IDS/IPS systems, DOS prevention, NIST CSF and CIS controls, PCI, and HIPAA)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Systems Engineering, or related field
- Knowledge of Identity and Access Management concepts and technologies to secure production and corporate access, such as SSO, SAML Federated Identity, RBAC, authentication & authorization solutions
- Understanding of logging, monitoring and response concepts and technologies for cloud networks, corporate networks and hosts in all environments
- One or more security-related certifications (CISSP, CEH, CISA, CISM, Security+, etc.)
- Experience with a broad array of security technologies, such as next-generation firewall, web application firewall, SIEM, endpoint security, and others
- Experience working with Hardware Security Models
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to step back and realize the big picture and where you fit in it
- Collaborative, flexible, and adaptable team-player
- Positive, energetic, and self-driven attitude to continually develop technical knowledge and skills
- Values honesty and integrity
** Candidates must be currently authorized to work in the United States without the need for employment-based visa sponsorship now or in the future.
Sila is a technology and management consulting firm that delivers solutions to the world’s leading corporations and Federal government agencies. Our solutions expertise lies in the areas of cybersecurity, risk management, data analytics, software engineering and integration, strategy and transformation, and digital creative services. We are a values-driven company with a culture that fosters collaboration, creativity, and social responsibility. Sila employees are part of a community of vibrant, high-performing contributors who push each other to achieve the highest standard of excellence. Our team members have extensive opportunities to discover their passions and shape their own career paths, and we continually invest in employees’ growth through innovative training, mentorship, and professional development programs. Staff are quickly immersed in clients’ business challenges, work closely with emerging technologies to develop impactful solutions to these challenges, and are exposed to a variety of industries and market offerings.
We are looking for full-time employees to become an integral part of our growing team. Sila is headquartered in Washington, D.C. and has offices in Chicago, IL; Denver, CO; Seattle, WA; and Shelton, CT. Sila offers a range of great benefits including a comprehensive healthcare package, 401K with matching, paid time off, and paid company holidays, as well as other unique benefits that support our staff’s active work/life balance.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.