Java Software Engineer
Sila is looking for engaged and enthusiastic Java Software Engineers interested in solving complex challenges for Fortune 500 clients. As a Software Engineer at Sila, you will get in on the ground floor of a growing practice group and take responsibility for the design, development, testing, and implementation of enterprise solutions that meet mission-critical needs for our clients. In addition, you will have the opportunity to explore new technologies and products through research and development efforts.
Joining our team will allow you to impact the way top companies leverage cutting-edge technologies to advance their businesses. Above all, joining Sila will open up the door to innovate, learn, and accelerate your career. Intellectually curious candidates who take initiative and are driven by a passion for solving complex technology challenges are especially encouraged to apply.
- 3-5 years of hands-on experience with Java/J2EE and object-oriented programming
- Knowledge of software development principles and design patterns
- Experience with web application standards and technologies – Java, J2EE, JSF, JDBC, XML, XSLT, JAXB, Spring, Hibernate, etc.
- Exposure to one or more of the following application servers – Tomcat, JBoss, WebLogic, WebSphere
- Familiarity with SQL and relational (MS-SQL, Oracle, Postgres, etc.) or NoSQL (HBase, Cassandra, MongoDB, etc.) databases
- Exposure with one or more of the following build and deployment tools – Ant, Maven, Jenkins, Gradle, Ivy, Puppet or Chef
- Exposure with source control tools (e.g. Subversion, GIT)
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related technical filed from a top school
- Travel may be required
- Ability to step back and realize the big picture and where you fit in it
- Collaborative, flexible, and adaptable team-player
- Positive, energetic, and self-driven attitude to continually develop technical knowledge and skills
- Values honesty and integrity
- Experience with any of the following:
o IAM, IAG or PAM solutions
o Cloud or DevOps technologies
Candidates must be currently authorized to work in the United States without the need for employment-based visa sponsorship now or in the future.
Sila is a technology and management consulting firm that delivers solutions to the world’s leading corporations and Federal government agencies. Our solutions expertise lies in the areas of cybersecurity, risk management, data analytics, software engineering and integration, strategy and transformation, and digital creative services. We are a values-driven company with a culture that fosters collaboration, creativity, and social responsibility. Sila employees are part of a community of vibrant, high-performing contributors who push each other to achieve the highest standard of excellence. Our team members have extensive opportunities to discover their passions and shape their own career paths, and we continually invest in employees’ growth through innovative training, mentorship, and professional development programs. Staff are quickly immersed in clients’ business challenges, work closely with emerging technologies to develop impactful solutions to these challenges, and are exposed to a variety of industries and market offerings.
We are looking for full-time employees to become an integral part of our growing team. Sila is headquartered in Washington, D.C. and has offices in Chicago, IL; Denver, CO; Seattle, WA; and Shelton, CT. Sila offers a range of great benefits including a comprehensive healthcare package, 401K with matching, paid time off, and paid company holidays, as well as other unique benefits that support our staff’s active work/life balance.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.