The Software/Data Engineer who joins Sila will support a unique mission that leverages leading technology tools to facilitate the highly efficient integration of data and advanced analytics.
In this role, you will architect an API Gateway and oversee application integration across the enterprise. Your results, as a Software/Data Engineer, will enable access to or submission of heterogeneous data, exposure of analytic services through standard interfaces, and integration with external partners.
Collaborating with data scientists, data engineers, and client stakeholders, you will work together to define the requirements that drive the API strategy. Your existing, personal knowledge of distributed application architectures, to include APIs, web services, microservices, and asynchronous event protocols contributes substantially to this endeavor.
The successful candidate has the option to work on-site in Bethesda, MD or Reston, VA when not at Sila’s office in Arlington, VA.
Candidates must be currently authorized to work in the United States without the need for employment-based visa sponsorship now or in the future.
- Architect, build, and manage API’s supporting on premise and cloud platform environments such as AWS.
- Contribute to the conceptual and physical design of application integration using APIs and events
- Develop and test an API gateway that makes it easy for developers to create, publish, maintain, monitor, and secure APIs at any scale
- Develop and test runtime execution of APIs
- Prototyping and demonstrate concepts when necessary (e.g. mock-client apps)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Business Information Systems or equivalent educational or professional experience and/or qualifications with at least 6 years of experience in software development
- Must possess a TS security clearance and be able to obtain a DoD TS/SCI clearance
- At least 1 year of experience in developing REST services using Java or Python or Node.js
- Experience delivering APIs for external partners and integrating with external vendors
- Able to implement processes and troubleshoot to continue to improve operational stability
- Experience with GitHub or GitLab
- Understanding of DevOps processes
- Strong communication, interpersonal skills and problem-solving skills
- Previous Agile SW team participation
- Use of JIRA, Confluence, and Jenkins
- Elasticsearch and logging framework use
- Apache JMeter or Blazemeter use/knowledge
- Two (2) or more years of AWS Commercial and/or AWS GovCloud experience
- High-volume applications tuning experience
- Knowledgeable in security protocols such as SAML and OAuth
Sila is a technology and management consulting firm that delivers solutions to the world’s leading corporations and Federal government agencies. Our solutions expertise lies in the areas of cybersecurity, risk management, data analytics, software engineering and integration, strategy and transformation, and digital creative services. We are a values-driven company with a culture that fosters collaboration, creativity, and social responsibility. Sila employees are part of a community of vibrant, high-performing contributors who push each other to achieve the highest standard of excellence. Our team members have extensive opportunities to discover their passions and shape their own career paths, and we continually invest in employees’ growth through innovative training, mentorship, and professional development programs. Staff are quickly immersed in clients’ business challenges, work closely with emerging technologies to develop impactful solutions to these challenges, and are exposed to a variety of industries and market offerings.
We are looking for full-time employees to become an integral part of our growing team. Sila is headquartered in Washington, D.C. and has offices in Chicago, IL; Seattle, WA; and Shelton, CT. Sila offers a range of great benefits including a comprehensive healthcare package, 401K with matching, paid time off, and paid company holidays, as well as other unique benefits that support our staff’s active work/life balance.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.