Business Systems Analyst
Sila is seeking an energetic Business Systems Analyst to join our team in Arlington, Virginia. As an Analyst, you will have the opportunity to support clients across varying domains, industries and technologies as you participate in multiple system implementation projects. This role is perfect for a team player looking to take on more responsibility and to fast-track his/her growth towards project management, if desired.
The successful candidate must be a self-starter with a proven track record who seeks more career responsibility and new challenges. Prior experience engaging with both client and technical teams, knowledge of project management and SDLC methodologies, and strong facilitation and coordination skills are required. In addition, this candidate coordinates and advances projects even when objectives are not well defined.
- Participate in the full lifecycle of system implementation projects
- Lead and execute efforts to produce documentation to support project delivery. These include: functional specifications, data flow diagrams, test cases, requirements traceability matrices, flow charts, wireframes/mockups, user stories, and use case documentation
- Gather requirements from clients and work with technical teams to determine feasibility
- Create and execute test plans/cases to ensure functionality
- Meet and communicate with clients to provide project updates, recommendations and deliverables
- Create and effectively deliver presentations to clients
- Participate in internal initiatives that help shape the growth of Sila
- 2+ years of consulting experience supporting software development/system implementation projects
- Deep understanding of the software development lifecycle (SDLC). Exposure to Agile methodologies is a plus
- Experience participating in requirements sessions and testing
- Energetic, flexible, eager to learn
- Strong organizational/data management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and entrepreneurial spirit
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to collaborate with teams and work independently
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Proficiency in MS Office. Exposure to MS Project and Visio is a plus
- Travel may be required
- Bachelor's Degree in Systems Engineering, Business Information Technology, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems or related field
Candidates must be currently authorized to work in the United States without the need for employment-based visa sponsorship now or in the future.
Sila is a technology and management consulting firm that delivers solutions to the world’s leading corporations and Federal government agencies. Our solutions expertise lies in the areas of cybersecurity, risk management, data analytics, software engineering and integration, strategy and transformation, and digital creative services. We are a values-driven company with a culture that fosters collaboration, creativity, and social responsibility. Sila employees are part of a community of vibrant, high-performing contributors who push each other to achieve the highest standard of excellence. Our team members have extensive opportunities to discover their passions and shape their own career paths, and we continually invest in employees’ growth through innovative training, mentorship, and professional development programs. Staff are quickly immersed in clients’ business challenges, work closely with emerging technologies to develop impactful solutions to these challenges, and are exposed to a variety of industries and market offerings.
We are looking for full-time employees to become an integral part of our growing team. Sila is headquartered in Washington, D.C. and has offices in Chicago, IL; Denver, CO; Seattle, WA; and Shelton, CT. Sila offers a range of great benefits including a comprehensive healthcare package, 401K with matching, paid time off, and paid company holidays, as well as other unique benefits that support our staff’s active work/life balance.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.