Sila is seeking a UI/UX Designer to join our team in Arlington, VA. As a Designer, you will play an integral role in helping to build our UI/UX practice. Our Designers are engaged in every part of the UI/UX process, including user research, information architecture, content strategy, interaction design, user interface design, and visual design.
The successful candidate must be a self-starter with a proven track record who seeks more career responsibility and new challenges. Prior experience engaging with both client and technical teams as well as delivering high-impact design products including websites, web applications and brand strategies required.
- Create clear web and digital experiences for clients
- Work closely with both external clients and internal, cross-functional teams on projects
- Support the creation of wireframes, prototypes, and design documentation
- Collaborate with product managers, design, engineering, quality assurance and clients to identify the best experience that meets user, business and technical requirements
- Design user flows and human computer interactions
- Problem solve and offer ideas to solve client issues and identify efficiencies and innovative approaches
- Work with development teams and project leadership to define and refine scope
- Review UI to ensure proper implementation, and work with technical teams to hone the experience and polish of the final output
- Collaborate and work with the application development team, business process functional analysts, and interaction designers to shape and improve all aspects of the user experience and ensure the end-product meets client requirements
- 2+ years of experience with user experience design, user interface and visual design
- 2+ years of experience with the Adobe Creative suite, including Illustrator, Photoshop and XD
- Experience creating and documenting information design concepts and solutions by various means, including wireframes, high fidelity prototypes, or task flow diagrams
- Knowledge of design principles, web-based technologies (HTML, CSS), and responsive design
- Proven track record in client facing roles
- Ability to quickly grasp and distill highly complex user design issues into clean, understandable solutions
- Strong interest in and passion for learning new technologies and design skills
- A portfolio demonstrating breadth, creativity, process, and innovation in related fields
- Energetic, flexible, eager to learn
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and entrepreneurial spirit
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to collaborate with teams and work independently
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Travel may be required
- Bachelor's Degree from a top university
- Animation software knowledge / skills a plus, but not required.
Candidates must be currently authorized to work in the United States without the need for employment-based visa sponsorship now or in the future.
Sila is a technology and management consulting firm that delivers solutions to the world’s leading corporations and Federal government agencies. Our solutions expertise lies in the areas of cybersecurity, risk management, data analytics, software engineering and integration, strategy and transformation, and digital creative services. We are a values-driven company with a culture that fosters collaboration, creativity, and social responsibility. Sila employees are part of a community of vibrant, high-performing contributors who push each other to achieve the highest standard of excellence. Our team members have extensive opportunities to discover their passions and shape their own career paths, and we continually invest in employees’ growth through innovative training, mentorship, and professional development programs. Staff are quickly immersed in clients’ business challenges, work closely with emerging technologies to develop impactful solutions to these challenges, and are exposed to a variety of industries and market offerings.
We are looking for full-time employees to become an integral part of our growing team. Sila is headquartered in Washington, D.C. and has offices in Chicago, IL; Denver, CO; Seattle, WA; and Shelton, CT. Sila offers a range of great benefits including a comprehensive healthcare package, 401K with matching, paid time off, and paid company holidays, as well as other unique benefits that support our staff’s active work/life balance.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.