Sila has several openings for Agile Release Train Engineers (RTE) to join our team in Seattle.
The RTE will be the thought leader who guides and influences multiple projects across multiple organizations for our industry-leading clients as they adopt and implement the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe). As part of the Lean-Agile transformation, the RTE will coach leaders, teams, and Scrum Masters in the new processes and mindsets. The RTE will communicate with stakeholders, escalate impediments, manage risk, and help drive continuous improvement.
- Oversee SAFe continuous improvement
- Support scrum ceremonies for the team (Planning, Retrospective, Grooming & Review/Demo)
- Ensure mission execution, lead and facilitate software teams on the Agile Release Train (ART) through development and delivery, guide the transition to and implementation of SAFe, Support Scrum of Scrum meetings, act as the Agile and SAFe facilitator and coach
- Help to guide and manage the ART and the teams through the delivery of software and services
- Serve as an expert providing guidance in Agile, Scrum, and SAFe and leading Agile delivery teams consisting of a mix of organization and possibly contractor/vendor staff
- Collaborate with the communities of practice, develop and conduct Agile-oriented training, and identify and deploy key metrics to enable continuous improvement
- Track and produce key metrics (e.g., burn-down, burn-up charts, and cumulative flow diagram)
- 4+ years of experience working in an Agile environment with at least 1 year on a SAFe engagement
- 1+ year of coaching Lean-Agile transformation including: coaching leaders, teams, and Scrum Masters in the new processes and mindsets, and a high level of confidence leading and facilitating SAFe ceremonies
- Advanced understanding of how to scale Lean and Agile practices for large organizations and a successful track record of Lean-Agile transformations
- Understands the unique opportunities and challenges associated with facilitating and continuously aligning a large development program
- Strong analytical skills (ability to actively listen and proactively question)
- Ability to present compelling arguments and influence teams to action; clear verbal and written communication skills
- Strong facilitation skills, team dynamics, conflict resolution, mentoring, and servant leadership skills
- High motivation and passion to work in a fast, agile environment with the ability to adapt to change
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, technology project management or related field
- PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP), Certified Scrum Master (CSM), Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe), SAFe Product Manager/Product Owner Certification, or equivalent certification preferred highly desired
Sila will not sponsor any employee in this position for a work visa, now or in the future (i.e. H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant or immigrant status)
Sila is a technology and management consulting firm that delivers solutions to the world’s leading corporations and Federal government agencies. Our solutions expertise lies in the areas of cybersecurity, risk management, data analytics, software engineering and integration, strategy and transformation, and digital creative services. We are a values-driven company with a culture that fosters collaboration, creativity, and social responsibility. Sila employees are part of a community of vibrant, high-performing contributors who push each other to achieve the highest standard of excellence. Our team members have extensive opportunities to discover their passions and shape their own career paths, and we continually invest in employees’ growth through innovative training, mentorship, and professional development programs. Staff are quickly immersed in clients’ business challenges, work closely with emerging technologies to develop impactful solutions to these challenges, and are exposed to a variety of industries and market offerings.
We are looking for full-time employees to become an integral part of our growing team. Sila is headquartered in Washington, D.C. and has offices in Chicago, IL; Denver, CO; Seattle, WA; and Shelton, CT. Sila offers a range of great benefits including a comprehensive healthcare package, 401K with matching, paid time off, and paid company holidays, as well as other unique benefits that support our staff’s active work/life balance.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.