Sila Solutions Group is seeking Software Engineers graduating in May 2019 to join our growing team in Shelton, CT. By working with a diverse set of cutting edge technologies, you will realize hands-on experience that expands both your software development and leadership skills. This opportunity is a great way to apply your technical tool set and gain proficiency developing new features for multiple web applications. At Sila, entry level developers leverage a number of technologies, including C#, Java, REST/SOAP, Angular JS, Bootstrap, Xamarin, JPA/Hibernate, HTML5, SQL, and PL/SQL to add meaningful value to challenging projects.
Successful candidates possess real-life development experience from internships, school projects or similar experiences using object oriented languages like Java and/or C#. The ideal candidate possesses a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related discipline from a top school.
At Sila, you will team with other IT and business professionals to deliver full lifecycle enterprise solutions for our Fortune 500 commercial clients. Not only will you be hands-on leveraging new technologies, but you will also enjoy the opportunity to build continually on our proven processes and methodologies. During your down-time, you can expect to learn and grow your career consistently through mentorship, company-sponsored trainings on new tools and methodologies, online courses on your company-paid Lynda account, and more.
Combine and develop your client-facing and technical skills at Sila. Here, the accelerated career growth that comes from joining a team of energetic and motivated problem solvers awaits you.
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related discipline
- Strong object-oriented development skills, preferably Java and/or C#
- Exposure to all development tiers: databases, front-end & middle-tier development
- Knowledge of common software design patterns and best practices
- Experience with Web Technologies
- Experience with Mobile Technologies are a plus
- Self-starter, fast learner and flexible
- Strong interpersonal, presentation, as well as verbal and written communication skills
- Class projects, internships or research demonstrating your ability and passion for putting your technical know-how to use
- Extra-curricular activities and personal projects that demonstrate your areas of interest are a plus
- Excellent collaboration, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to work in a team environment, as well as independently
- Ability to interface with clients and functional analysts to understand systems design and requirements
Sila is a technology and management consulting firm that delivers solutions to the world’s leading corporations and Federal government agencies. Our solutions expertise lies in the areas of cybersecurity, risk management, data analytics, software engineering and integration, strategy and transformation, and digital creative services. We are a values-driven company with a culture that fosters collaboration, creativity, and social responsibility. Sila employees are part of a community of vibrant, high-performing contributors who push each other to achieve the highest standard of excellence. Our team members have extensive opportunities to discover their passions and shape their own career paths, and we continually invest in employees’ growth through innovative training, mentorship, and professional development programs. Staff are quickly immersed in clients’ business challenges, work closely with emerging technologies to develop impactful solutions to these challenges, and are exposed to a variety of industries and market offerings.
We are looking for full-time employees to become an integral part of our growing team. Sila is headquartered in Washington, D.C. and has offices in Chicago, IL; Denver, CO; Seattle, WA; and Shelton, CT. Sila offers a range of great benefits including a comprehensive healthcare package, 401K with matching, paid time off, and paid company holidays, as well as other unique benefits that support our staff’s active work/life balance.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.