Systems Engineer / Senior Business Analyst
Sila is looking for a Senior Business Systems Analyst who can work independently with little direction. This person will work directly with the client to collect and mature requirements, as well as design business process solutions. The ideal candidate will have a Systems Engineering background, including the ability to understand data flow and transactions between systems.
The role includes executing complex projects that are challenging and critical to our clients’ success. Your team’s solution will be impacting and improving the work life of thousands of users, as our clients rely on our team to develop custom applications that enable their companies to thrive in today’s world.
- Strong analytical background with the ability to understand data flow and transactions between systems
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills including collaboration and facilitation; Willing to push back tactfully as needed
- Minimum of 5-7 years of business analysis experience for software development projects in an Agile environment
- Ability to lead User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and Regression Testing (this role is not a QA position but will require prior testing experience including writing Pass/Fail test cases and tracking defects to closure)
- Exposure to Supply Chain or Aerospace highly desired
- Previous experience supporting business case development a plus
- Bachelor's degree in Systems Engineering or another related technical field
- Perform and follow through independently with minimal guidance and effectively manage multiple projects at any given time, setting priorities, schedules, and meeting deadlines
- Evaluate data flow and transactions between systems
- Develop system user stories/requirements
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs
- Write test cases and perform User Acceptance Testing as needed
- Lead the execution of test scripts to ensure the functional requirements have been met
- Provide ad hoc support to business case development and quantify business benefit for proposed solutions
Sila will not sponsor any employee in this position for a work visa, now or in the future (i.e. H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant or immigrant status)
Sila is a technology and management consulting firm that delivers solutions to the world’s leading corporations and Federal government agencies. Our solutions expertise lies in the areas of cybersecurity, risk management, data analytics, software engineering and integration, strategy and transformation, and digital creative services. We are a values-driven company with a culture that fosters collaboration, creativity, and social responsibility. Sila employees are part of a community of vibrant, high-performing contributors who push each other to achieve the highest standard of excellence. Our team members have extensive opportunities to discover their passions and shape their own career paths, and we continually invest in employees’ growth through innovative training, mentorship, and professional development programs. Staff are quickly immersed in clients’ business challenges, work closely with emerging technologies to develop impactful solutions to these challenges, and are exposed to a variety of industries and market offerings.
We are looking for full-time employees to become an integral part of our growing team. Sila is headquartered in Washington, D.C. and has offices in Chicago, IL; Denver, CO; Seattle, WA; and Shelton, CT. Sila offers a range of great benefits including a comprehensive healthcare package, 401K with matching, paid time off, and paid company holidays, as well as other unique benefits that support our staff’s active work/life balance.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.