Dreaming of a shorter commute with less traffic and less stress? Sila’s Shelton, CT office is located less than 30 minutes away from popular NYC commuter hubs and is an easy reverse-commute up RT-15 or I-95.
If you are looking for better work/life balance and a small company that puts our values at the core of how we operate, Sila is a great company for you. We are always looking for people who place a high value on company culture, have a passion for learning, and who appreciate the importance of having fun and building relationships with your team to make those stressful peaks more bearable.
Sila is seeking self-motivated, full-stack software engineers with Java or C# back-end experience to join our growing team in Shelton, CT. The successful candidates will have strong back end development experience with front end experience and a desire to learn. You will be responsible for all aspects of the software development life cycle and should be comfortable working as a SCRUM team member adhering to Agile principles to design, build and maintain robust, high quality software solutions with our Fortune 500 clients.
- Design, develop, troubleshoot, and debug software source code using Java or C#
- Write clean, well-structured, maintainable code and contribute to team code review
- Work independently as a contributing member of Agile Sprint Team
- Analyze, evaluate and recommend changes to the existing software or enhancements to meet business needs and direction
- Provide design options, alternatives and recommendations based on experience and best practices
- Operate within a flexible environment with adaptability to changing requirements and deadlines
- Use front end development skills to implement standards-based HTML5 applications for internal and consumer-facing products
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs and ensure applications are built to support multiple browsers and form-factors (responsiveness)
- Demonstrate teach-ability and an eagerness to learn a wide spectrum of technologies and platforms
- Work closely with designers and engineers to communicate project status, deliverables, and issues
- Stay up-to-date on emerging trends and technologies
- 1-5 years of hands-on experience with Java/J2EE or C#
- Knowledge of software development principles and design patterns
- Experience with web application standards and technologies – Java, J2EE, JSF, JDBC, XML, XSLT, JAXB, Spring, Hibernate, etc.
- Exposure to one or more of the following application servers – Tomcat, JBoss, WebLogic, WebSphere
- Familiarity with SQL and relational (MS-SQL, Oracle, Postgres, etc.) or NoSQL (HBase, Cassandra, MongoDB, etc.) databases
- Exposure with one or more of the following build and deployment tools – Ant, Maven, Jenkins, Gradle, Ivy, Puppet or Chef
- Exposure with source control tools (e.g. Subversion, GIT)
- Experience with JSON and RESTful web services is preferred
- Excellent team collaboration and communication skills as well as analysis and problem-solving skills
- A great attitude, sense of humor, personal desire & drive to produce amazing work!
Candidates must be currently authorized to work in the United States without the need for employment-based visa sponsorship now or in the future.
Sila is a technology and management consulting firm that delivers solutions to the world’s leading corporations and Federal government agencies. Our solutions expertise lies in the areas of cybersecurity, risk management, data analytics, software engineering and integration, strategy and transformation, and digital creative services. We are a values-driven company with a culture that fosters collaboration, creativity, and social responsibility. Sila employees are part of a community of vibrant, high-performing contributors who push each other to achieve the highest standard of excellence. Our team members have extensive opportunities to discover their passions and shape their own career paths, and we continually invest in employees’ growth through innovative training, mentorship, and professional development programs. Staff are quickly immersed in clients’ business challenges, work closely with emerging technologies to develop impactful solutions to these challenges, and are exposed to a variety of industries and market offerings.
We are looking for full-time employees to become an integral part of our growing team. Sila is headquartered in Washington, D.C. and has offices in Chicago, IL; Denver, CO; Seattle, WA; and Shelton, CT. Sila offers a range of great benefits including a comprehensive healthcare package, 401K with matching, paid time off, and paid company holidays, as well as other unique benefits that support our staff’s active work/life balance.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.