GRC Software Engineer
As a Governance, Risk, and Compliance (GRC) Software Engineer at Sila, you will design and implement GRC solutions for our Fortune 500 clients. You will help lead development activities in support of these engagements including high-level and detailed design, implementation, configuration, test, deployment, and post-deployment support. Our Arlington, VA based team supports our GRC clients across varying domains, industries and technologies, and you will participate in a wide variety of projects across risk and compliance, with a focus on IT and cybersecurity areas. In this role you will also play a significant part in growing Sila’s Risk practice, from taking an active role in delivering conceptual software modules, to developing unique solutions for our clients.
What Sila Offers
You will play a significant part in growing Sila’s Risk practice, from taking an active role in delivering conceptual software modules, to developing unique solutions for our clients. You will gain hands-on experience and have substantial training and professional development opportunities to develop and expand your technical skillset. You will also put your troubleshooting, decision-making, and collaboration skills to use as an active contributor on your teams.
- Experience implementing enterprise GRC and security solutions (e.g., MetricStream, Archer, Rsam, Nasdaq BWise, Thomson Reuters, IBM OpenPages, etc.) in client environments
- Experience integrating GRC applications with common integration points (LDAP, relational databases, asset management systems, vulnerability scanners, IT Service Support Management, etc.)
- Familiarity and experience with supporting IT Security and Privacy departments within organizations
- Exposure to a variety of technologies such as multi-tiered applications, databases, LDAP and directory services, application servers, network infrastructure, and understanding security and dataflow within these components
- Strong hands-on Java/JEE experience
- Good knowledge of software development principles, and design patterns
- Self-starter, fast learner, and flexible to support new technologies as well as legacy applications
- Travel may be required
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related discipline from a top school
Candidates must be currently authorized to work in the United States without the need for employment-based visa sponsorship now or in the future.
Sila is a technology and management consulting firm that delivers solutions to the world’s leading corporations and Federal government agencies. Our solutions expertise lies in the areas of cybersecurity, risk management, data analytics, software engineering and integration, strategy and transformation, and digital creative services. We are a values-driven company with a culture that fosters collaboration, creativity, and social responsibility. Sila employees are part of a community of vibrant, high-performing contributors who push each other to achieve the highest standard of excellence. Our team members have extensive opportunities to discover their passions and shape their own career paths, and we continually invest in employees’ growth through innovative training, mentorship, and professional development programs. Staff are quickly immersed in clients’ business challenges, work closely with emerging technologies to develop impactful solutions to these challenges, and are exposed to a variety of industries and market offerings.
We are looking for full-time employees to become an integral part of our growing team. Sila is headquartered in Washington, D.C. and has offices in Chicago, IL; Denver, CO; Seattle, WA; and Shelton, CT. Sila offers a range of great benefits including a comprehensive healthcare package, 401K with matching, paid time off, and paid company holidays, as well as other unique benefits that support our staff’s active work/life balance.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.